Monday, September 28, 2009

Well can't we just laugh and joke around?

Apparently I laugh at things a lot more than other people do. That's okay, it just means I will live longer. I like to make light of serious situations. And I like to laugh at the expense of others personal pain. Who doesn't? Come on when there is a crash on the highway in one of the oncoming lanes, the outbound ones slow to a crawl to see if they can get a glimpse of a mangled body. It's human nature, people! Lighten up! There are those people who are going to die in massive car accidents and that is just how it goes.

I don't drive a car so my chances of dying in such an accident are relatively low compared to others who drive to work, drive to the gym, drive to pick up kids, drive down the block.

A couple of years ago I was looking at some statistics about which ways were the most popular ways people can die. heart disease and cancer were one and two. Suicide and homicide were up there amongst despondent teens and young black males killing each other off. I think "massive car accident" was way down the list, but it made me think about how I always stop and gawk at the two pileups I have seen going the other way. How the hell do you start a pile up anyway? It has to consist of drivers who aren't paying any attention.

I think maybe I should have washed my hair today.

Yep.

Joe just got out of the shower and I must say his love handles are steadily declining, much to my delight, of course.

My friend Jen is coming back from being abroad in the next month for 6 to 8 months so she can save up for her visa. yay! It will be good to see her. I must tell her about my novel writing intentions. She will smile wryly and say "Lets get started, show me what you've got"

At least that is what I imagine her doing. I told her that I wanted to come to London for a vacation. I just have to save up some money with Joe.

To London with Joe! yay!

No comments: