Thursday, September 17, 2009

the break up on the train and dessert wine

No, Joe and I did not break up, just going to clarify that before some of you gasp in horror (some of you may gasp with glee, since I'm positive that there is a line out the door and around the block for my heart.)

GONNA BE A LONG WAIT!

I saw a young couple break up on the train yesterday. He totally broke up with her on the train! WHAT AN ASS. Okay, so he gets points for breaking up with her in person but in public? On the train where she is trapped looking at his ugly face until she gets to her destination!?! AND WHAT IF THEY LIVED TOGETHER?  The questions will never end!

She was sobbing her eyeballs out, I seriously wondered if they were going to stay in her head. That's how hard she was sobbing.

I had to stifle and overwhelming urge to go over to her, taker her in my arms and hug her and rub her hair and then tell her:

"Oh HONEY, teenage sex is NEVER THAT GOOD! It won't be that bad! Just go have some drinks and... OH, hey, never mind, you can't drink. WHAT ABOUT A BROWNIE?"

Magically a brownie will come out of nowhere and I will present it to her and she will look up and smile, all tears will dissipate AND ALL WILL BE WELL IN THE WORLD OF YOUNG LOVE!

The train that me and the ex-couple were on was taking me to meet Joe and his friends for dinner. Joe had just finished photographing a very famous designer's show and he got the job from his friend and between him and his friend they know some very cool people in NYC.

So, dinner. We had reservations at 10pm which were made two days prior WHICH IS UNHEARD OF at this restaurant. Man, that Joe with ALL HIS CONNECTIONS. It's amazing!

We had to wait to be seated until 10:45pm and had a great time, great food and raucous laughter all around. I don't think I'm going to write much about about this particular dinner because it might be too much of an invasion of privacy for some parties involved and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

(SOMEONE AT THE DINNER TABLE IS GETTING A MINTED VAGINA IN A COUPLE WEEKS)

okay, that's all.

No comments: