Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Awesome older ladies

Joe and I were coming home on the train yesterday from the movies (we watched Taking Woodstock, I highly recommend it).

We stepped onto a crowded train and I was upset because there were no seats available, and then magically, one became available because the train was taking a different route unexpectedly which didn't affect us. I walked around one side of two people to get to the seat and this other guy walked around the other side of the same two people to get to the seat. We didn't see each other until we were staring each other down, the vacant seat between us. We both just stood there for a second and then the guy abruptly yelled "FUCK!" And walked off the train. I got the seat.

I sat down and looked around the train and kind of giggled at Joe and he just smiled back and shrugged. Open seats are a precious commodity on NYC subway trains.

I realized I was sitting next to two very adorable looking older ladies who were dressed in ladies' suits and had 'Vote September 15, 2009' pins on their blazers. One of them asked me if the train was going to a specific stop and I said, "Oh, I think this train will go there" but then the conductor came over the loud speaker and she said that this train was permanently taking an alternate route so then I told the ladies that I didn't think the train would stop at their stop anymore.

Then Joe pitched in to help the ladies find their way home, and the guy sitting next to me also did. The ladies and I were chatting about voting and about how much Brooklyn is awesome and what we liked about it. A little while later we all figured out what the best course of action was for the ladies to take on their get home journey was and then Joe and I got off the train to switch to ANOTHER train.

Sounds exhausting, right? It really wasn't.

When we got on the new train I sat down and Joe settled himself next to the door. I tried to talk to him but he couldn't hear me. I told him to come over by me and he said:

"Nope, I'm pretty comfortable right here"

So I texted him this:

"there is a fedex kinkos guy on the train. too bad i don't have my package."

(I have to send my old phone back to verizon and time is running out)

He responded with:

"I thought you were going to talk about the shirtless guy who is playing with his balls."

I giggled at his reply and told him that "these are SO going in my blog."

Then the shirtless guy who was sitting across from me playing with his balls got up and left at the next stop, so Joe sat down at his now vacant seat and sent me this text:

"Smells like balls over here"

To which I replied:

"you chose to sit there is sweaty ball juices. you might as well be gay. at least i won't have to worry about rihanna." Giggling the whole time as I was writing this and then pressing send.

Joe's response? "I was tired"

What? I was tired? I looked at him and said, WTF you were tired, what does that mean? And then he said I won. Well that's good because what you guys don't know is that a couple of days ago, Joe and I were watching Jay-Z, Kanye and Rihanna perform on Jay Leno's new show and Joe decided that it would be a good idea to share with me that he thinks Rihanna is F-Ing HOT!!!

OH NO HE DIDN'T. YES HE DID.

He then preceded to hug me and make a sad puppy face when I protested to this and hastily added; "but not as hot as yyyyooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu."

WHATEVER.

No comments: