Friday, October 2, 2009

Don't be a fool

I forgot to tell you guys about something that happened a week or so ago. I was walking in Union Square, as I often am, in the afternoon and I walked by the outer fence of the park. It was after school had gotten out and all these unruly young people were perched upon said outer fence. One of the girls was screeching out the word "penis" at various intervals, at different audible levels so that all the passerby could hear her.

Any other day, I would find this amusing, I really would. But having just previously seen the movie 500 days of Summer wherein there is a scene in which Summer calls out the word "penis"in a park much like the aforementioned scenario.

And it just so happened that just as I was walking in front of the girl calling out the word "penis" she screeched it so loudly that my hand whipped up to my ear to cover it, involuntarily. I stopped in my tracks, turned to her and said "Stop watching 500 days of Summer, OK?" To which one of the boys perched upon the fence responded with "OOOOH" and the girl called out to me to stop being a crack head as I walked away.

Ah, kids these days.

No comments: