Sunday, October 11, 2009

the big dipper and orion

I saw the stars in the sky last night for the first time in what seems lik eons. The big dipper is especially beautiful to me because i have heard many songs written about it. geneally drom the slave era. the songs would tell the runaway slaves to follow the "drinking gourd" which is another name for the big dipper. specifically, they were supposed to follow the north star which is in the drinking gourd.

it is funny to me that my wv accent came back to me like a dam breaking into the deluge that engulfed the ninth ward. i starting adressing people as k how yall doing?" even if there was only one person there. so nostalgic.

i am writhing this entry via my verizon phone on the road as to not miss a day. i hope yall are proud of me. there will be an updated entry to my hedonistic hostess blog tonight for those of you that are interested.

No comments: