Saturday, May 19, 2012

on the bench

hi internet,

the other day i took the bus out to the grocery store/bank to do some business. i was feeling sort of thirsty, so i bought this drink that I had never tried before. it was a drink by the brand name "FUZE" and it was flavored blueberry/rasberry. the drink was really difficult to get open, but i finally managed it, after squishing my face up all tight so it looked like I needed to poo and then finally the top came off. i took one sip and was not impressed.

drink in hand, i walked accross the parking lot to the bus stop just at the end where the blacktop meets the sidewalk. there were two people sitting on the bench next to the bus stop and a third person standing and holding on to the handle of a shopping cart. all three of them looked like they had not showered in weeks. smelled like it, too.

"Hey.. uh... you wan sit down?" The woman with long brown hair and slurred speech said. She was barely audible due to the cars whizzing by.

"No, that's ok, I assured her. Do you guys want this drink?" I gestured to my drink and exteneded it towards the man, who was seated closer to me.

"Does it have LSD in it?" the man asked, he had grey hair, and dried mud all over his face.

"Yeah, I said. I put some in there on my way through the parking lot."

"Well, you would really be helping me out then!" He exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? I heard you gotta be careful with that stuff, you might have a bad trip." I offered.

"Nah, with me, I just see colors everywhere. Big, bright colors, everything looks amazing." He explained.

"Oh, well I guess that does sound like fun." I said.

"Hey, you sure do have some NICE shoes." The woman chimed in.

"Yeah, I like them a lot." I told her.

"Well, me, I just drink a lot of alcohol and smoke a lot of pot. I LOVE pot." She said.

"That's nice."

"Well, are you all ready to get on the bus?" Shopping cart man said. He startled me a bit, because before he said that, I wasn't sure if he was all there, he was just standing and staring off into space, before suddenly joining the conversation.

"Yeah" Both the man and the woman said in unison.

The bus approached and came to a stop, it  was pretty full and none of my new friends made a move to board it.

"Well, I have to go now, what are your names?" I asked.

"I'm Mark and that's Valerie, and over there is John." Mark, the grey haired man said.

"Well, I'm Mela. It was nice talking to you all. Enjoy the drink and the rest of your day." I said.

"You too" Mark said.

No comments: