Saturday, May 12, 2012

look ma, i'm running.

hi internet,

hokay so, i started a couch to 5k running program today. and i was pleasantly surprised to find that i was not dead on my feet upon finishing the week 1 day one work out plan. which is to take a "brisk" walk for five minutes (how does one measure briskness, anyway?) and then i jogged for 60 seconds and walked for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes.

it was very convenient for me to do this because I live on a residential road set back from the main road where lots of cars go by super fast-like. so i just went one direction from my house until i got to the main road and then i turned around and repeated until the work out was finished. and i used the timer on my CrackBerry. good old CrackBerry.

I put notifications on my phone that say "GO RUNNING, GOD DAMN IT" on the days i'm supposed to go running. fool proof.

No comments: