Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some people

So, I have this friend, right? Or should I say, I HAD this friend.


I would not normally do this, but I am going to share with you an e-mail exchange between us because well, it's now my property and I can do with it what I wish AND I need some opinions on it from you guys. However, I do not think I will get any comments anyway, because you guys never listen to me when I ask you to comment. But, lets give this a try anyway.

Friendship

Between You and Sender
Sender:
Happy New Year, again, Mela. When you gave me some hope that you might be able to extend yourself, I was a bit relieved but your inability to communicate to me that you could not offer help made for an uncomfortable situation yesterday. Obviously, if someone has time to go in facebook and post stuff, they are not too busy to respond to texts or voicemails. As far as your not "knowing what to tell me", you (as a friend) should have informed me of your status when you became aware of it. That way you would not have received a call or a text from me yesterday. Have fun with your new boytoy and enjoy your life...
 January 5 at 11:10am Report
Mela Eloise January 5 at 11:29am
Hey,

Thanks for your well wishes. I only became aware of my finances yesterday and I am sorry that i did not immediately reach for my phone to inform you of this.

I have some concerns about our "friendship" if you can call it that, because I feel like all you ever do is ask me for money now. And if you are not asking for it, you are complaining about it.

It's getting really frustrating and annoying to deal with to say the least and I do not know if I can consider you a friend at this point.

I like to help my friends and sometimes in my eagerness to do so, I promise things that I cannot fulfill upon, and I told you the loan would depend on what my grandmother sent me in the mail for the holidays. Last year she sent me 500 dollars and this year it was only 150 so there is no way I could make you a loan out of that.

Ever since I have known you, you have been involved somehow with having your bills paid by someone else. This is not a demerit against you, but when you depend on other people so heavily financially, I do not think it is outside of the norm when they cannot come through for you in the urgency that you need it.

I do not like what you have become, or maybe you always were this way, I do not know.

In any case, I do wish you the very best, and this will be our last communication.

Mela

3 comments:

Matt Walker said...

It seems pretty straightforward. Your response seems mature. What aspect do you need an opinion on?

Paul Ward said...

I would've done the same thing. Like Matt said, what do you need an opinion on?

Mela said...

i don't know, just wanted to make sure i was doing the right thing.