Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Evaluation

Yesterday, I wrote that I got a phone call from a woman who said that I was referred to her by my VESID counselor. I called her up, and she told me that I would now have to take part in a 15 day evaluation at the Rusk Institute.

Seriously?

15 days?

Why does it need to take that long for a psych evaluation?

I have to go in on Tuesday for the intake appointment. And, since I already have a shrink, I'm not looking forward to telling my life's story AGAIN. Sigh. But, I gotta do what I gotta do in order to get this CASAC training for free. I could pay for it if I wanted to, but that seems really counterproductive at this point, since I am already knee deep in dealing with VESID. Best to just finish jumping through the hoops like a good little system rat. I have done it before, and I will do it again. Besides, the end is near, I can just feel it!

Okay, I just spend about two minutes of entry writing time trying to justify the evaluation to myself and I am still crying inside.

NOOOOOOOOO

WHY ME?

In other news, I am going to start my trial period at a new job on Monday. How exciting!!! I'll be in charge of making reservations for events. I'm excited to work with the lady who hired me, because she inspires me to put on events. She's a very talented lady. And, I will get to sit next to her in the office, how cool is that?

I'm going to try to go get a couple more hours of shut eye.

3 comments:

West Wardian 33 said...

Mela,
Congratulations! I know you'll be great at this job!

Claudia said...

Congrats at the job and so happy you will be so close to someone you admire that way you can learn and take more from the experience.

What is VESID and CASAC?

Mela said...

VESID is the Vocational Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities and CASAC is the Capital Area Substance Abuse Council :-)