Thursday, January 7, 2010

On being childish

So.

The day before yesterday I got a text from this guy that I have been seeing asking me if he could come over the following evening. I said yes and then went about my day in anticipation. He had been away snowboarding with friends so I was excited to see him.

Yesterday afternoon, I received a text from him saying hi and i said hey and then he texts "i made out with a gal last night" and I say "oh, really?" and proceed to try and call him three times in succession to try and get his side of the story. He doesn't pick up his phone so I leave him a nasty voice mail calling off the whole relationship and calling him spineless and some other mean names.

About an hour later, I sent him a text telling him that I was sorry for the voicemail that I left, and that it just does not work for me to get a text like that and that we should talk, when works for him?

About five hours after that he sends me a reply that simply says "Never."

So I text him back and say "Never what? You don't even want to tell me what happened?"

His reply " I made out with a girl and I didn't blink twice, then I got drunk. Not fair to you at all I must be honest"

Note the "honesty" bit.

So I ask him if we are over and he says yes so I say that I am bummed but he has to do what he has to do.

This morning I was texting my friend with the same first name as him and I accidentally sent them to him.

He responds and accuses me of "reverse texting" whatever that means.

Then I tell him that when he told me he was a "serial monogamist" I should have known that statement was a red flag.

He texts back and says that he never actually made out with anyone, he just wanted to break it off and make me hate him.

I rapid fire off a bunch of texts like "Oh my god. Are you serious right now?" "Do you know how spineless you look?" "You couldn't just say "this is not working out"? " " "I am so livid right now, you are a filthy liar and I can't even wish you well, that's how livid I am" "What did I do to you that you felt the need to act this way?"

He texts back and says "Nothing, you did nothing"

So I think to myself, "I can't be mad at this guy, he is just being completely childish and absolutely ridiculous"

So I text him, "Well, I am not mad at you, we had a fun time together and I will always remember that. Thanks for everything. I wish you the best and I hope you find what you are looking for"

And that was the end of it.

No comments: