Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago

Tonight is my last night in Chicago. I have really enjoyed my visit to the windy city in January. I did not think this was possible. It was really fridgid yesterday and the night before last the temperature got down to -2 and wind chill was -18. Honestly.

I got to see my grandparents, my Aunt Olivia and my Aunt Jacquelyn. Tomorrow I will see Uncle Marty at breakfast.

I also got to see my friend Tamara, a girl I went to high school with. I would say it's been since then since I have seen her. She looks very good, and she now lives in Chicago with her boyfriend who happens to be the brother of her ex. Sorry Tamara, I just have to share that. It's too funny not to.

Tamara and I had a great time chatting at starbucks about our lives and other things. She sent me a very nice text thanking me for coming to see her.

I spent the night last night with my Aunt Jacquelyn. She is my dad's youngest sister. They have different mothers but that does not make a difference to me.

We went on an adventure to pick up a new addition to her cat family last night. Her friend in Indiana rescued a stray cat, but she is alergic to cats so she could not keep her, and she asked aunt j if she would take her and somehow we had to go pick the cat up that night.

It was a fun trip, the cat slept in my lap on the way home, his name is Murphy. I took pictures of all of her cats (she has five) and I am going to post them on FB when I get a chance.

It is super hot in my grandparents apartment right now and I need to take a shower.

I have more to write but I need to take care of this shower situation.

No comments: