Sunday, May 2, 2010

talking to my little bro

As I mentioned before, my little brother is currently hiking the entire length of the AT, from Georgia to Maine. He is currently about an hour outside of Ashland, NC and he called me around 10:30 this morning to say hello from our mutual friend's house.

He sounded happy and I am glad. He said he is really in shape and told me stories of hitchhiking. I told him that he should not do that and he said that he had already hitchhiked about eight times. I told him to be careful and to buy some mace and carry it with him. He says he doesn't need it and then he said:

"Well, when I was staying at this hostel that is right on the trail in Georgia, this older guy was there and he wasn't hiking the trail he was just at the hostel, but he was talking to all of us. He started talking to this girl and he asked her what she had and she said she had some mace and he said 'Oh, well that doesn't work on me'"

And there was an awkward silence and then the guy said:

"Oh, I used to be a repo man"

Hysterical.

He says that when he gets done with the trail, he is going to move to NYC and become a bike messenger. Cheers to that.

2 comments:

Em said...

I'm so jealous, I really want to hike part of the AT. I doubt I'd be able to hike all of it, but some parts sound beautiful and it would be an awesome adventure. Congrats to your brother.

Mela said...

Well, he is in NC right now, you could always just take a plane and a train and meet up with him for a stretch. :-)