Monday, May 17, 2010

on being in need of a reality check

I cooked dinner. I cooked a whole chicken, potatoes, carrots and gravy. This guy I'm seeing and I made plans to meet in columbus circle and eat dinner. This didn't really work for me because I got off of work earlier and wanted to just go home, after some persuasion on his part, I agreed to meet up in columbus circle.

I got home around 6 and launched into making the chicken dinner. He texts and asks to meet at 830 instead of 9 and i say it's possible. I text at 7:15 and say the chicken wont be done in time for me to meet him at 830 and ask him to just come up to my place, he texts and asks me to call so I do.

"I wanted to meet in the park"

"I know but the oven I have doesnt work that well, so the chicken is taking longer than I thought"

"Well can we meet later?"

"I can probably be there by 9:45"

"OK"

We hang up and he calls back 5 minutes later.

"Hello?"

"Stay right there, I'll come to your apartment"

"OK"

45 minutes later, he shows up at my door. Annoyed.

In the kitchen...

"I'm annoyed"

"OK"

"I wanted to eat in the park. It wasn't so much the meal for me, but the being outside"

"Um...well, there is nothing I can really do about that now"

(there is a plate of food I prepared for him sitting on the kitchen counter, and my roommate is sitting in the next room)

I really wanted to punch him in the face for patronizing me in front of my roommate. I wanted to kick him out right then, but I also didn't want to fly off the handle and jeopardize my living situation.

I let it go and we sad down to eat

"This is really good"

"Thanks"

We continue to talk for awhile and have some good conversation. He stays for another hour and then heads home.

He calls and I pick up the phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching TV and talking to my friends."

"I hate talking to people when they are distracted."

Click.

I wait about 20 minutes to try and call him back but he doesn't pick up. Figures.

I then receive a text "Goodnight chicken and pototatoes princess"

Ugh.

Then this:

me:  i'm chillen too
dont have to be at work until 1 tomorrow so i'm taking advantage
 ttny337:  lucky
 me:  yeah i'm not always so lucky
 Sent at 12:59 AM on Tuesday
 ttny337:  true, you never got on that date with me yet
cause you are lazy lol
 me:  LOL i would not call me lazy
 ttny337:  i dunno still wondering about this hot date u promised
 me:  uh huh
well you can keep on wondering if you're going to call me lazy
i work 6 to 7 days a week
go to school three nights a week
 ttny337:  so u like sushi?
 me:  dude, let's clear up the lazy comment
that wasn't cool
if you don't wanna take it back, we can discontinue talking
 ttny337:  fine i take it back 
me:  um thanks
count me out on that date
best to you
 ttny337:  ha ok no love
how's the comedy thing going?
 
Seriously? Seriously?! *facepalm*
 

No comments: