Friday, May 14, 2010

it's a quarter after three in the morning

and I am still awake.

Why?

I got in around 2:30am. I exited the train and walked passed a woman sitting on the benches on the platform, not even five seconds after I strolled on by, she puked her brains out. All I could think of as I was walking away and listening to her heaving was "Well, I am really glad that none of that shit got on me." And I continued walking towards the exit stairs sans general concern for the puking woman.


I climbed the stairs leisurely, a luxury only afforded me when it is early in the morning. God forbid I try to take a leisurely pace at rush hour, I would surely be lynched. I reach the final staircase and begin to climb it, listening to the faint sobs of a woman crying.

"Jesus Christ, what on Earth could be happening now?!" I think to myself. And I briefly pause and wonder if it would be better to exit on the other side of the station, even though it would be a farther walk to my apartment. I decide to stick with the original plan and continue to ascend the staircase.

Sparkly silver hooker heels come into view.

"Holy shit, there is a hooker sobbing at the top of the subway entrance!" My internal dialog informs me. I continue to climb, and right before I reach the top, I hear:

"I'm sorry, I am so sorry..." she sobs

The hooker is a chunky black girl, late teenage years at best, wearing a skimpy black outfit and sparkly silver six inch hooker heels. 

"What the fuck did you think you were doing? You thought I wouldn't notice?! Now, let me ask you again, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY?!" Yells a medium build, stocky, baseball cap wearing pimp. His cohort pimp standing silently beside him, cornering the hooker. 

I swiftly headed north towards my apartment, the hooker's plea's haunting me as I walked away.

No comments: