Monday, March 29, 2010

A conversation that led to my currently being single

The title pretty much sums it up.

The lovely chap I had been on a few dates with called me up about an hour ago and preceded to tell me that he just didn't feel a spark between us and that he had been waiting for it to show up and that it just had not, and that he was sorry.

But, fear not my faithful readers, I felt the same way about him and was very relived that he called to tell me this, because I was far to chicken to initiate the "let's just be friends" conversation. But we did have the "let's just be friends" conversation and I actually really enjoyed it. We both are on the same page and we both have mutual affinity for each other which created a space in which the conversation did not feel strained or tense at all.

There are qualities about him that I really admire and respect, just not in a romantic way, and he feels the same way about me. It really was I think, the best "let's just be friends" conversation that I think I have ever had, ever.

Kudos to us.

I am looking forward to our friendship and I am also looking forward to moving on and dating a new person and seeing where that goes as well. I am proud of myself for not rushing into anything and really taking my time to investigate the situation. I like this new Méla, I think she can stick around.

Through this experience I have realized that passion is really important to me in a relationship, and I am not talking about angry passion. I enjoy spirited debates and I like to have a healthy amount of disagreement.

On to the next!

No comments: