Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sandy Hook

This morning my brother Arlo and his girlfriend Lauren picked me up at my apartment and we headed out to the beach at Sandy Hook. It seemed like it would be a nice day at the beach in the city because it was near seventy degrees.

We had nice conversation and listened to some tunes on the drive out there, and Arlo and Lauren planned to park the car at a different parking lot than then one provided by the beach because they ususally charge ten dollars to park there. Well, when we got to the gates there was a sign next to parking that said "no fee" and Arlo squealed with delight as he drove on through.

As we were driving to the beach there was a healthy amount of fog in the sky and Arlo decided to excitedly inform me of this fact. I had been dozing on and off during the car ride (and I am still really tired today, and I don't know why) and he scared the living bejesus out of me.

And Lauren commented "everytime you shriek like that, I think we are going to crash"

We got to the parking lot and parked, opened the doors and big wooshes of wind came crashing down against the car. I immediately shut my door and said "I'm not getting out. Let's just go get some lunch."

Arlo and Lauren thankfully agreed and we drove to this place called the Inlet Cafe which really wasn't a cafe at all, because it had really awesome food. I got some chicken quesadilla's which were really yummy.

After lunch we went for round two to try to go to the beach and I again refused to get out after parking. Arlo and Lauren were only gone for about half an hour anyway.

We drove back to Pennsylvania and on the way we stopped at an old family friend's house to suprise them. We pulled up into the driveway and were really quiet and we all decided to just go jump on their trampoline to see if they noticed. Well, the didn't and after about ten minutes I decided to go in and say hi.

Then Arlo, Lauren and Jesse dropped me off at my mom's and then they went biking.

It was a good day.

No comments: