Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nervous

I am really, extremely nervous about my show tomorrow. I have my set all bullet pointed out and I have practiced it. I guess one can never do enough practicing, can one?

I just got back from a friend's potluck birthday party. I had a fun time, I made lasagna with homemade sauce. I covered it with foil, carried it to the subway, rode the subway four stops, got off the subway, walked two blocks, got to the apartment building, rang the bell, got buzzed in, walked up three flights of stairs, invited myself in the ajar apartment door, said hello to my birthday girl friend, who happened to be the only person at the party I knew, announced that I had brought lasagna with homemade sauce, plunked it down on the kitchen table, and gleefully watched it get devoured.

Nice rundown, eh?

All the people there were interesting and friendly, there was a guy there who had written a couple of books that he had recently published, a robot consultant, a ship's engine engineer, and lots of people who are in grad school.

Okay, time to go do some laundry, so I can decide what I am wearing to the show tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

No comments: