Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just a regular old update

I did my comedy set on Monday and I had a really great time, and I got a lot of positive feedback. Around 16 of my friends came out to see me perform (thank you!!) and because of that, I do not have to pay a fee for the dvd of my performance, which will be ready either tomorrow or on Monday. I am excited to post it to YouTube and to Facebook!

I am so glad that my friend Kenya suggested that I pick up a little memo pad so that I can carry it around and jot down jokes as they come to me. It has been really helpful. I have to figure out where I am going to book my next show. It would probably also be helpful for me to go out to a lot of open mic nights and just do one set over and over so that I can develop my rhythm. 

I spoke to my little brother on the phone yesterday. He is hiking the Appalachian Trail. He sounded exhausted and happy and he said he is meeting and hiking with a lot of interesting people. He hopes to finish the Trail in August but he said it could be as late as October. I miss him bunches.

I spoke to my sister also recently and she is doing well in Africa, she got to  take a trip to Durban to go to the beach and do some shopping. She said she really enjoyed the trip. I noticed that her English vocabulary is not as good as it used to be, but she is now fluent in Sesotho, which is the native language in Lesotho.

Also, I got clearance to begin my Substance Abuse counseling training and I will begin on May 18th! Yay! And I had an interview today at a place I used to work for. They're getting back to me tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

No comments: