Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sending out an S.O.S.

Sleep, she eludes me.

I got home last night around 2AM and fell into a fitful sleep by 3AM. It is now 8AM and I have been awake since 6:54AM. This is not good. Not good. I have a follow up interview today at 3PM so I really need to appear coherent.

I have a lot of things on my mind, but I prefer not to go into too great a detail here, because lord knows who reads my blog. I already have 18 followers (love you!) so that means lots more people come and look at this blog daily and I have a few friends who complain when I take too long to update - which I am not complaining about! - it just makes me wonder just how popular this blog is.

So I am sending out an S.O.S if you know my number, you should call me today before 2PM or after 4PM because I need to vent. I promise to listen to your issues too, but I realize that I have not reached out for a good listener lately and I could really use a shoulder to cry on right about now (and by shoulder to cry on, I mean vent to your ear verbally over the phone from beneath my covers in my cozy bed).

On another note, I was just on facebook and you know how on facebook on the right side of your page it has the "people you may know" tool? well recently it has been coming up with people who I knew from high school. And you know what? ALL OF THEM HAVE BABIES.

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

I do not know what I would do with a little Méla right now. I would probably resent her or him for getting in the way of my education and travel plans. See? This is already not good. Sorry little Méla, you are going to have to wait several more years for your grand debut into being, and I know it will be a fabulous one!

On another other note, I wish it were Friday.

1 comment:

Ashleigh B said...

You and Natalie popped up on my news feed, so I was thinking of you, looking and your profile, etc... and I realized you have a blog! And you actually UPDATE it! lol. The combination is pretty sweet. ;o)

I just wanted to voice my total understanding about the kids thing. It's a weird thing to me--only one of my high school classmates (from a class of 80) is married besides me, and only one of my closer college friends is married. But a LOT of people I know from Gallipolis (both OVCS and GAHS) are married and or have kids. It's wack!

Additionally, my husband Jeremiah's close friend circle is mostly married. They don't have kids yet, but I think more will in the next couple years--crazy to me. Sometimes I feel really out of place because it seems everyone's moving on to that part of their life, and I just want to finish school and enjoy like for a few more years (like 5, at least)...

Anyway, even among us married folk, there are others that are right there with you, looking over at these other 23yos and wondering, "Why the hell do you want a family right now??" in total confusion!

Hope you are well. ;o)