Thursday, February 25, 2010

On having cat-like reflexes

Yesterday, while I was in Queens on a shoot, my friend called me and asked me if I would like to go see the Dropkick Murphy's. Of course I said yes. The last time I saw them was about six years ago, in Columbus, OH with my best friend Sarah and I think Johnny? They played at this place called Bernies on High Street. Good times.

This time I got on the train and headed downtown to meet Eric and then we hopped the train to Penn Station and took a train out to Montclair, NJ and walked to the WellMont theater. It was a really awesome show, I truly had a great time. It was really hot in the venue, so I ended up standing way in the back at the end of the show so I would not pass out. I am surprised that their fan base seems to be largely made up of teenage girls who are punch drunk. I came in my work clothing, and some of the people at the show were giving me sideways glances as if to say "What are you doing here, professional lady?" It was nice in a complimentary kind of way.

After the show, we went to Eric's friend Jessica's place and watched "Eating Raool" which is now my favorite movie, and spend the night.

In the morning, we got up and we were overwhelmed by the snow, or at least I was. We had to walk to the train and I almost face planted several times. Luckily, I have cat-like reflexes and I was able to stay vertical.

No comments: