Friday, July 30, 2010

Attention

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are being held here for a moment while an individual is being removed from the train... we should be moving shortly" the conductors voice echoed out into the train cars.

Being the New Yorkers that we all are, little more was done then to groan and shrug and remain seated and wait.

"Probably a god damn drunk" said a voice to my left.

I didn't even look up, I was too engrossed in a game of brickbreaker on my smart phone. That's how New York I am. The train I'm on is being held between stations at two in the morning due to and individual being removed from the train and I can't be bothered to look up from my cell phone game.

"I don't know, maybe someone got sick..." muses a voice across from me.

A man walked into our train car, striding quickly, a walkie talkie attached to his waist, blaring "ATTENTION, ATTENTION, WE HAVE THE INDIVIDUAL REMOVED AND ON THE TRAIN PLATFORM, THE TRAIN IS CLEARED TO MOVE INTO THE STATION!"

"Ladies and gentleman, we should be moving in the next few moments" said the conductor.

And then we moved.

The whole incident took two minutes.

I love New York.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was me on the train, Mela. You didn't even look UP! I kept going:
"May-la, May-la May-la May-LA!" and you just kept muttering 'Balls' or something. Couldn't quite catch it. Now, I bet if I threw coffee on some obnoxious old bitch sitting across from you...