Monday, April 11, 2011

gym

i signed up for a gym membership. natalie is my gym buddy. we went swimming today. i was really out of breath, and i only got through five laps, but then we got to go to jacuzzi and the sauna. i always feel really good when i work out regularly, and the couple of times that i had a personal trainer were truly awesome, i had so much energy and my insomnia was pretty much under control. my sleep has improved just from the little time that i have been going to the gym. i know, know (why are you up at 2 am, then?) baby steps, people!

natalie is leaving to go teach english for a year soon though so i will loose my gym buddy. i have to find a way to keep myself motivated without springing for a personal trainer before I can afford one.

i've been mustering up the courage to get my driver's license back. when i moved to nyc i let it expire and i got a regular state id and it's been expired for a little over four years. i'm not such a fan of driving because i have field of vision difficulties, but then i talked to a lady who has one glass eye and she encouraged me to go for it, it was an inspiring conversation.

one trouble is that since my license has been expired for more than six months, i have to pretty much start from square one. i have to go get a permit again and take the road test and the written test again. the good thing is that i don't think i need to log 50 hours of driving experience in this time around.

going to the temp agency soon. gonna see if they have any temp jobs open. it would be ideal if i had driver's license, so i could be all "yeah, i have no problem getting there" there is a bus service here, but like most places that are not nyc, it's unreliable and limited.

i would really rather not have to get a job, i would rather be a comedian and make money that way, or some form of art expression, natalie and i drew charcoal drawings of each other today and it was really fun. but of course everyone knows the reality of the situation, if i like to eat, i should probably have money to buy sustinence.

one of my favorite friends didn't text me about weather or not they were going to the pocanos for a day. grrr. just fyi, if you went on this gorgeous day without me, you got some splainin' to do!

going to comedy open mic night sunday, i haven't decided yet if i wanna perform or just watch.

No comments: