Monday, April 25, 2011

A Conversation Between Ga and Conka

Ga and Conka are my maternal grandmother and grandfather respectively. They have the amazing luxury to still be living in their home and have four of their six children who all live in the area take turns taking care of them. Sunday is usually my mom's day to go down to their house for a day, but this past Sunday Natalie and I went down instead.

Conka is hungry all the time and he says things like "Mela?"

"Yeah?"

"If you're getting something to eat, I'll have some of whatever you are getting."

That's normally the nice way he puts it, but he has said "I am so hungry, I could just starve to death. Can't anyone get me anything to eat?"

He didn't like anything I gave him to eat, So good thing Natalie was with me to make the food he would eat. Uncle Tony was there as well, and Tony and Natalie are both quite good at cooking.

Natalie and I were in the kitchen and Ga said to Conka:

"Are you sorry you married me?"

"What, dear? I can't hear you."

"Are you sorry you married me?"

"What?"

"Are you sorry you married me?"

"Don't be silly, you're the tops, you're the best..."

Ga giggles.

No comments: